The animal welfare association Robin Hood sees its’ tasks not simply in animal welfare but also in animal rights work. Animals are not only in need of our protection, but also require rights and the preservation of these. Every living being has a right for at least these following freedoms. Freedom from hunger and thirst, from suffering, pain and from fear, freedom to behave naturally and freedom to not live imprisoned.
- On the one hand, we see our task in helping individual animals, but on the other hand, also, to cause political changes and improvements. This is a path of trial and tribulation, but it is the only way to make a permanent change and provide safety and rights to animals on a larger scale.
- We believe, that educational work in school and other public institutions is of vital importance. People need to know what harm they cause to animals if they treat them badly, if they abandon or release them, but also how to treat them properly.
- Robin hood helps animals domestically, but also abroad, using active projects and political campaigns.
- Robin Hood and its’ representatives try to live a sustainable life. Vegetarianism and veganism are not just empty words. Especially the so-called livestock animals and their fate are extremely important to us.
- We chose the following slogan for Robin Hood, as we are of the opinion, that each day, each hour and each minute is the right one to help animals and to stand up for them, as they only have us as their emissaries.
“The time is always right to do what is right.” Martin Luther King, Jr.